CITYWIDE PARK CLOSURES – Last Updated: March 28, 2020
In response to the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) and in accordance with the most recent LA County Department of Public and Health orders, and the Mayor’s Safer at Home directives, the Los Angeles Department of Recreation and Parks (RAP) provides the following update on programming, events, facilities, park amenities and usage.
UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE, the following remain closed to the public:
- All recreation centers are closed.
- All recreation and cultural programming, indoor and outdoor sports leagues, aquatics classes, instructional courses and group sessions are cancelled.
- All aquatic facilities are closed.
- All golf courses are closed.
- All indoor & outdoor sport amenities are closed. This includes all skate parks, tennis courts, playgrounds, baseball fields, turf & natural soccer fields, and basketball courts.
- All recreational group sports or activities are prohibited.
- All public hiking trails and trailheads in the City of Los Angeles are closed.
- All equestrian-only trails remain open with practiced social distancing.
- The Venice Beach Pier is closed.
- All public beaches, public beach parking lots, piers and beach access points are closed.
- The Venice Beach Boardwalk/Ocean Front Walk is closed – with limited access to essential businesses.
- The following Griffith Park areas are closed: the Observatory, Travel Town, Train Rides, the Pony Rides and the Merry Go Round, all trails and trailheads and some access entry roads.
- The Cabrillo Marine Aquarium, Sherman Oaks Castle, and the EXPO Center are closed.
- Access to census stations will be permitted, but there shall be no more than 10 people at a time in the facility.
- All senior citizen centers remain closed. Home delivered meals will continue to be delivered to seniors enrolled in LA City Department of Aging program. To enroll in this program, please call 213-482-7252. The Department of Aging is reachable Monday through Friday from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm for more information regarding meal services.
- Restrooms accessible to the outdoors will remain open during regular operating hours.
- All events and permits at all RAP sites or locations are canceled.
- New reservations for facilities or permits at RAP locations will be temporarily suspended.
- All Dog Parks remain open subject to mandatory social distancing requirements.
Parks still remain open for walking or running; however, when visiting a park for exercise or respite, you MUST adhere to the City’s Safer at Home social distancing directives and must not participate in recreational group sports or activities that are incompatible with the City’s social distancing mandates.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 213-202-2700.